[Sca-cooks] Early Period varieties of vegetables

Dan Schneider schneiderdan at ymail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:46:27 PDT 2012

You might also talking to the folks at Jorvik. There's also the Viking Food Yahoo list, a spin-off from the Norsefolk list. it's been pretty dead for a while, but a question like this might start things up again; And there's also the Authentic Viking Food group on Facebook. The problem I think you're going to run into is that because of the nature of the evidence for Viking vegetables there's a lot of uncertainty about the *types* of vegetables they had, much less the varieties.

Dan