[Sca-cooks] to eat or not to eat

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 21:24:09 PDT 2012

On 8/18/2012 11:19 PM, Ana Valdés wrote:
> She told me under Christmas break, when the school was closed between
> Christmas, the 24th and the 7th January, when the holidays were over,
> all the cats dissapeared. The kids ate cat meat until they got regular
> meals at the school.
> I was really shocked.
> Ana

You do what it takes to keep your kids alive. Cat, pigeon, dog, the fish
out of the public fountain. Parents have been going without food or
finding 'alternate sources' of food for thousands of years. That is part
of what being a parent is all about.

Not that I propose eating the family pets, but I would have no issue
with waking Rob up tomorrow morning and telling him to go out and bring
back something dead and reasonably edible. [I would hesitate at raptors
and outright carnivores, but a plump rabbit,  raccoon or opossum, or a
brace of squirrels, or a brace of dove would be just fine.

--
__
musings of an insomniac - Cracked Pots and Psycho Investigators at http://aruvqan.wordpress.com/