[Sca-cooks] To cat or not to cat

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 08:00:32 PDT 2012

On 8/4/2012 4:53 AM, Antonia di Benedetto Calvo wrote:

> Mm, I think we had some young bunnies done by Isabell Winter-- full of
> wee bones, but so very succulent.  I could have eaten the whole dish
> on my own.
>
> Possum's not normally on most people's menus, but hares and wallabies
> are certainly fair game.

Farm raised bunny is definitely very tasty, we tend to go all
hasenpffeffer on them [comfort food from growing up] We have a round the
world sail on our bucket list [or at least a vacation trip to the
ubiquitous Cairns and the reef] and roo and wallaby are on the menu!

Ostrich is very nice, not sure if I prefer it to beef as some people I
have discussed odd meats with, but I could see horse and buffalo instead
of beef. Venison, wild boar and javalina are quite nice, Rob has had
both farmed and wild reindeer and he says that he prefers the farmed to
the wild.

Of course as afficionados of medieval cuisine, we have a very different
food-bucket list from someone like Anthony Bourdain [but not as extreme
as the other guy who goes for the strange and disgusting! =) ]