[Sca-cooks] Question remove vs course

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Dec 31 17:13:03 PST 2012

On 12/31/2012 1:57 PM, Antonia di Benedetto Calvo wrote:
> On 31/12/2012 3:23 p.m., Elise Fleming wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm...I see some placards held by cooks and a line of protesters
>> marching up and down in front of the event site saying "Of Course
>> It's 'Course'!  Remove 'Remove'!"
>>

> Count me in!  I'll wear a clean apron and a stern expression for at
> least the first five minutes.
>
> Though, around here, we have almost completely removed remove, along
> with feastocrat :-)

We're doing a pretty good job of the same with autocrat (now 'event
steward') and troll (now 'gate'). I'm still pushing to call children
'children' and not 'smalls', and vehicular transport a 'car' or 'wagon'
or even 'wain' rather than a dragon. After all, prudent persons do not
ride to feast in the belly of a dragon.

Liutgard the Cranky

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: