[Sca-cooks] Black olives!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 1 23:24:45 PST 2012

<<< The huge Italian grocery store near me gets raw black olives in today -- more experiments will ensue. What the heck am I going to do with all these olives when I'm done?!?

-- Galefridus >>>

raw, *black* olives? I thought that the olives were turned black during processing. So, it is possible to only "half process" them?

Heres a bit on processing olives in the Florilegium. I don't know if it is concise enough for you to work with, though. :-(

Olive-Cul-Hst-art (41K) 3/ 7/11 "The Olive – A Cultural History"
by HL Biatrichi di Palermo.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/Olive-Cul-Hst-art.html

olives-msg (61K) 3/ 7/10 Period olives. Processing fresh olives.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/olives-msg.html

Stefan
My life has had some major complications since June. However, I am working with a local Scadian to transfer the Florilegium from being just a collection of text files to a Content Management System (Joomla). This should make it easier for someone else to take the Florilegium over, when I can't run it anymore, as well as add some other good features like some interactivity.

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris