[Sca-cooks] modern adaption

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Feb 9 12:14:51 PST 2012

Parmesan cheese is a generic term.  If you want the real thing, try
Parmigiano-Redggiano.

If I understand the second question, you are asking whether you should use
SE Asian ginger or Jamaica ginger.  Same plant, no issue.

For historical accuraacy, actual turnips.  The earlist references to
rutabagas are from the early 17th Century, so they were probably localized
to Scandinavia before that.

Bear