[Sca-cooks] Fwd: [Ansteorra] Fwd: Balson's Bangers at COSTCO!! OT English bacon

Dan Schneider schneiderdan at ymail.com
Thu Feb 9 21:46:25 PST 2012

Hej hej!

Some other folks have described the differences in bacon, so I thought I'd do the sausages. Bangers tend to me ground a little bit finer than most trad American breakfast sausages, and have a milder flavour. They have little to no sage, and only a bit of white pepper in place of black; instead they have marjoram, thyme, and a bit of nutmeg. If you want to make things like toad in the hole (sausages in Yorkshire puding) or a Dublin caudle, they're really reqired; American sagey sausages won't work.

Dan

I'm not sure what makes these "bangers" and bacon different,