[Sca-cooks] Cookie Cutters

Ursula Georges ursula at tutelaries.net
Sat Feb 18 11:52:22 PST 2012

> Euriol of Lothian<euriol at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> >  I have a lady in my shire who is interested in learning of any evidence
>> >  in the use of cookie cutters within our time period. This is not an area
>> >  I've researched. If anyone can point me to some sources, I could share
>> >  with her, it would be most appreciated.

There's a recipe for "rampaunt perre" in Form of Cury (collected in
Pleyn Delit) which involves rampant lion shapes made out of dough.  It
doesn't say how to make the shapes.  The one time I tried it, I cut bear
shapes out of pie crust with a paper pattern and a knife.  (The bears
matched my heraldry.)

Ursula Georgii filia.