[Sca-cooks] Cookie Cutters

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Feb 18 12:15:59 PST 2012

What you're describing is a baker's masterwork, the kind of thing a
journeyman does to be elevated to master.  Flat pieces are shaped and carved
with a knife.  Three dimensional pieces are formed from dough and baked as a
standing loaf (say a shock of wheat) or are baked as components and
assembled (say a gingerbread house).  At least one masterwork (after period)
I have seen described was an entire village of houses and people.

Bear