[Sca-cooks] Barley

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Feb 7 10:04:12 PST 2012

For a Medieval flour you would probably want to use hulled barley (barley
groats) which has the outer husk removed but retains the bran.  Pearled
barley has both the husk and the bran removed.  On the practical side, it
shouldn't matter whether you use flour from hulled or pearl barley and I
would simply buy it rather than mill it.  Hodgson's and Bob's Red Mill have
barley flour that you can find at the grocery.

Bear