[Sca-cooks] Translation

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 4 12:56:30 PST 2012

Aedin said:
<<< I have been working on a translation/modernization of the 1575 A
proper new
Boke of Cokery and finished it last night. I did it to see if I could
and
to make more texts easily accessible to newer cooks. I left it in the
period format, all that I did was modernize the text and grammar.

I realize that translating an Elizabethan work is not as challenging as
other projects that members of this list have done but I don't speak
Italian. :D But I wanted to see if I could do it. I have some notes to
put
together and a proofreading pass to do then I will put it up on my
highly
neglected website. >>>

Don't sell yourself or this effort short. I have a lot of trouble
understanding Shakespeare and Elixabethan English myself.

I don't wish to take away from your website but I would love to host
such a work in the Florilegium. I take updates at any time and I would
be willing to link back to your website. This would also give some
redundancy in case either site disappears.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris