[Sca-cooks] old recipes - experimenting with really old ones

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 09:51:22 PST 2012

>yes, i found this recipe when i first got interested in period
>cooking... i believe i was reading an SCA-ish menu of a feast of Brian
>Boru.

Yes, that was me. The group is the Living History Society of Central
Ohio, but quite a few members are SCAian.  The fun of it was trying
to have the kitchen look period for the audience.  SCA kitchens may
produce period food, but the experience in the kitchen is seldom very
period.

I'm not in the group any more, and they do things differently now,
but here are a few pictures.
http://www.ilhsco.org/kitchen.html

Ranvaig