[Sca-cooks] [Sca-librarians] Need (international) copyright advice

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:07:32 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM, John <jsand713 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are you going to be making money from it?

Absolutely not.

> What percentage are you going to be translating?

You're going to make me do math?  Oy.

Let's see. . .  The transcription (minus the index and ToC) takes up
477 pages.  It's divided into 7 "books".  Book 1 is cosmetics, 2 is
perfumes, etc.  I am most interested in Book 6, which contains recipes
for foods other than candies and conserves.  That's 132 pages, which
makes up 27% of the transcription.  HOWEVER, I don't want to translate
the whole section.  Some of the recipes appear to be duplicates of
ones in other period cookbooks.  Some don't interest me.  And I might
want to tackle some of the confectionary recipes, or instructions for
things like making almond oil or keeping butter fresh.

In short, I intend to dabble.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain, OL
MKA: Robin Carroll-Mann