[Sca-cooks] Need (international) copyright advice

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Jan 16 13:20:01 PST 2012

You'll be operating under the Berne Copyright Convention to which the U.S.
is signatory.  That said, you are not reproducing the facsimile.  The
facsimile is copyrighted.  The original work is not, but you can't get hold
of the original to produce your own facsimile.  Any facsimile reproduction
is a de facto violation of copyright.  You will need the owner's permission
for facsimile reproduction.

The transcription, essays and notes are the property of the copyright
holder(s).  You may only copy small portions under the fair use provisions
of the copyright laws without the copyright holder(s) permission(s).

Your translations of the original work are your work, presented under your
copyright.

Bear