[Sca-cooks] Mustard and Sauce Roundtable at Pennsic

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Jul 16 16:16:46 PDT 2012

I don't think I'll have any sauces with me, unless you count the pickled
eggplant from al-Warraq. But I might be able to brink kaak and bread of
abu Hamsa for putting sauces on.

Do you have a period recipe for mushroom catsup? I seem to remember a
west Indian cookbook with some sort of catsup recipe, but I thought it
was 17th century. Anyone know how early the term appears?