[Sca-cooks] Minor rant - allergies and following directions

Antonia di B C dama.antonia at gmail.com
Tue May 8 14:03:59 PDT 2012

On 9/05/2012 6:09 AM, Jenn Strobel wrote:
> I have a followup question: What kind of accommodation can be made for
> people who are GF when you don't keep a GF kitchen?  I don't mind putting
> something together for someone who can't do gluten, but since it's not how
> we live, I worry that I'm going to make someone sick through
> cross-contamination.  This would be a case of making GF pasta in a clean
> pot that has been used to make regular pasta in the past not stirring a pot
> of regular pasta and then using the same spoon to stir the GF pasta.

This is about where I draw the line.  I can make dishes without gluten.
I can be ordinarily careful about not cross-contaminating.  I can't
control everything, and I can't make the kitchen gluten-free.  If anyone
is so very sensitive to gluten that that isn't good enough, then I can't
do much for them.  They need to take responsibility for their own food.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo