[Sca-cooks] Minor rant - allergies and following directions

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Tue May 8 11:09:40 PDT 2012

I have a followup question: What kind of accommodation can be made for
people who are GF when you don't keep a GF kitchen?  I don't mind putting
something together for someone who can't do gluten, but since it's not how
we live, I worry that I'm going to make someone sick through
cross-contamination.  This would be a case of making GF pasta in a clean
pot that has been used to make regular pasta in the past not stirring a pot
of regular pasta and then using the same spoon to stir the GF pasta.

As more of my friends and acquaintances are going GF for a variety of
reasons, I'm feeling out the boundaries so I don't make someone sick.

Odriana
who wishes that dairy were a less restricted item for her than it is.

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Pixel, Goddess and Queen <
pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 May 2012, Tre wrote:
>
>  I copied this from my blog, because the final question is relevant here,
>> and something I'm interested in some input on. When do I finally say "it's
>> not my problem"?
>>

> Really, as long as you make an attempt to not have any particular
> ingredient be in ALL your dishes (onions are a good example), and you've
> announced that people with specific dietary needs should contact you,
> you're fine. Somone comes to you day-of and starts complaining that you
> didn't do X to accomodate them, your response should be "I'm sorry, did you
> submit a dietary restrictions form? No? Then it is not my problem."
>
> Margaret, who has no patience with people who do not take responsibility
> for their own issues

*Aude aliquid dignum*