[Sca-cooks] Diabetic needs - was: Minor rant

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo dama.antonia at gmail.com
Fri May 11 00:22:10 PDT 2012

On 11/05/2012 4:37 p.m., Saint Phlip wrote:
> Well, a diabetic diet ought to be easy to accommodate for, because a
> diabetic diet is what the rest of us OUGHT to be eating ;-)

Pretty much. I'm certainly not claiming that I should win the Nutrition
Cup-- I like cheese pies and candied quinces as well as the next person,
and rich treats are important in every kind of medieval and renaissance
cuisine.  I just think that *most* of the meal should be reasonably
healthy and balanced, that there should be enough variety to allow some
choice, and that the rich treats are best enjoyed in smaller quantities.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo