[Sca-cooks] Diabetic needs - was: Minor rant

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 09:28:29 PDT 2012

We found a happy and balance way to meet the needs of both gluten free, all levels of diabetics and sodium concerns. Interestingly, the Celiac Spru Research Association and American Diabetes Associations have linked together for research. They are finding that a balanced and gluten free diet helps both dietary needs. The trick we found, and Bear mentioned this idea in a previous post, the diet must be from scratch and fresh. The new instant gluten free products out there are high in sugar (rice and tapioca flour is naturally high on the glycemic  index) and sodium.
Americans are a fast food nation and it has also trickled down into this arena too.
Our family has a double whamy. My husband is Type 2 diabetic insulin resistant which requires a sugar free and low sodium diet. The kids and I are gluten free because of Celiac disease. I was determine not to have 100 different food items in the house. When we found that we all would benefit from the same diet we leaped at it. We are also biodynamically organic too.
Aelina

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T