[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving trends

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 10:17:52 PST 2012

Time to talk turkey.

So what are people doing and what new items or dishes are you making?

The New York Times' Dining and Wine endorsed "Jacques Pépin’s Steam-Powered Turkey" on Wednesday.
 "So, yes, you’re reading this right: Jacques Pépin wants you to steam your turkey. He wants you to put that bird in that big pot (you can buy one for about $40 at a kitchen supply store), where hot vapors will melt off its fat. (If you prefer, use a large covered roasting pan.) Slicing deeply at key joints — between the drumsticks and thighs, and between the wings and breast — will help ensure that the meat is cooked through.

Then he wants you to roast it, letting the oven burnish its golden surface."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/steamed-turkey-the-jacques-pepin-way.html?ref=dining&_r=0

Now where is it that we have seen recipes that simmer and then roast? Everything old is new again.

I have also this one link on trends this year.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/menus-holidays-parties/all-holidays/thanksgiving/newest-thanksgiving-ideas?nicam1=CONTENT_PPC&nichn1=OUTBRAIN&nipkw1={ad_Title}&niseg1=TDCORE_BC&esrc=16664

Happy eating

Johnnae

Sent from my iPad