[Sca-cooks] Sugar Dome - new series

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Nov 26 15:09:43 PST 2012

I always watch these programs or rather listen to the first half
and pay attention to the finished products. On the whole I think
this one is more watchable than Sweet Genius. Love his cakes- hate the program.

I don't like the faked drama where they yell at each other or say snide things to the camera,
but of course we don't know how the shows are edited. How much is real, how much is acting?

I have no idea why the Food Network goes with these concepts
that lay out the challenge and keep adding more elements. That seems to be the
way these new programs are structured. Super Delicious Productions
also does Cupcake Wars and Hot Guys Who Cook.

Ok, what happens if your special effects person couldn't do fire? Or did they know to bring the equipment with them?
I have no idea how they split the money.

And if they are going to have Bronwen Webber [http://www.frostedart.com/ ] well why can't they also hire
some really good people to go up against her?

I'd pay good money to see Kerry Vincent take on Bronwen. Or get Duff!

It was asked "don't any of the competitors ever watch these shows beforehand?"

Since this is a brand new show, I don't think any of the contestants could have
foreseen all of the "twists."

Here's the casting call-- All New Food Network competition series is looking to cast CAKE ARTIST! Are you passionate about cakes. Do you have the skill set to create a stunning edible work of art with on a large scale. Are you confident enough to brave the kitchen battlefield and show the world something they haven't seen yet? This new ground breaking series wants those who can bring the sweetest, the baddest, and the grandest food creations onto the Food Network playing field. We want to see new talent that can deliciously deliver both their personalities and expertise, in creating a stand-out and larger than life edible art.

Next episode is The Wonderful World of Dr. Seuss New
The magical creations of Dr. Seuss come to edible life.

The one after that is Rock Star Concert. I count 13 episodes in all.

Johnnae