[Sca-cooks] Salt Crust

steve montgomery aeduinofskye at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:50:28 PST 2012

I had my doubts as well. The site that mentioned Apicius just use the name.
I've looked through Medieval Arab Cookery and A Mediterranean Feast and
found nothing.

I completely agree with Bear about the need for salt and fresh fish. Just
because some chef babbles that it is over a 1000 year old technique and a
blog claims to have seen references doesn't make it true.

Time to post a direct question to the writer of the blog.

aeduin