[Sca-cooks] Downsizing Sugar??

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Nov 28 18:05:45 PST 2012

A five pound (avoir.) bag is only slightly larger than the 2kg bag and at 4
pounds is about .4 kg less.  For smaller use, you can get a 2 pound (.8kg)
bag.  For larger, 10 pound (4.5 kg) or 25 pound (11.4 kg).  Cost per pound
against storage until use tends to make the 5 pound bag the best buy.  For
family use, I use about 5 to 7 pounds of refined sugar, 4 pounds of brown
sugar, 2 pounds of superfine granulated sugar and less than a pound of
powdered sugar per year.  I try to buy on price drops and store in sealed
glass canisters until needed.

And then there is the issue of running out of ingredients is a fit of
midnight madness.

Bear