[Sca-cooks] A note from the absent List Administrator

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:26:18 PDT 2012

I know I have been missing for a while and that is neglectful of my duties
on this list and
to all of you.  I promise to go back to reading every post and working out
any problems.
One of the problems I've had is that there have been issues with the server
and my
hotmail account so I now have to use gmail and I rarely check it.  A lot of
messages
go by without me even seeing them. I will correct this.

One of the primary tenets of this list is that it is a group of friends
that I allow to talk about
whatever, so long as the discussion ocassionally gets back to history or
cooking.  But
all the guests in my living room need to remember they are guests and be
polite to
both my other guests and to me.  We have had problem children since this
list was
first created a VERY long time ago and they have either learned to behave
or went
someplace where flaming and rudness are tolerated.

Suey has become a problem and forgotten to be polite on too many ocassions.
For this
reason I will be providing one final chance for her to learn polite
discourse. Lack of
familiarity with American values of courtesy is no longer an excuse. Any
post from
Suey will be moderated by me and if I don't deem them fit for my living
room, they will
not be posted. Too many of them and Suey is banned from this group.

I am sorry for failing all of you and hurting the integrity of this list. I
will keep closer watch
on it from now on.

Gunthar
List Admin