[Sca-cooks] Non-Julia and Juliet Living

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 7 19:22:49 PDT 2012

Suey said:
<<<  Finally spotted a large tuna fish
lying on ice staring at me! I started photographing him from every side
and bought 1 kilo of the meat - looks like a beef roast. It cost $19. I
flipped but what can I do? >>>

For fresh tuna that might be about the same as the price in the US. Although perhaps what I've see in is "sushi grade".

<<< In that same
week, I have to produce a medieval recipe for rabbit. >>>

Are your schedules set so firmly that you can't modify them for seasonal availability?

<<< They were selling baby live rabbits
at $8.50 a piece! I found that expensive as well and flinched at the
thought of bringing a baby rabbit home to fatten up and then who would
kill it - the cleaning woman or me? - icky pooh! - What would my cats say? >>>

The cats would probably say "Better him than me!"  Where's that tuna?

I still think about the gimmick, I think I heard about on this list. A guy was selling baby rabbits just before Easter. Then some time later, about the times the families were getting tired of the rabbits or wondering just what to do with the now much bigger rabbit, he would re-appear and offer to take the rabbits off their hands.  Then he would slaughter them and sell them as rabbit meat, having gotten someone else to pay for fattening up his rabbits and essentially selling them twice!

In the Florilegium:
rabbit-dishes-msg (72K) 3/24/12 Period rabbit and hare recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/rabbit-dishes-msg.html

Also a file on butchering a goat, but nothing specifically on butchering rabbits.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris