[Sca-cooks] Food and racism and colonialism

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 18:09:00 PDT 2012

On 9/8/2012 1:11 AM, Ana Valdés wrote:
> I was thinking about architecture and engineering.
Pyramids? Not that many ways to stack dirt and the pyramid shape is
pretty much it. Canals? High water table and ditch = canal, no big
engineering feat there either. Water flows downhill, if it was the other
way then we would have something. Roads? Walk the same direction often
enough, you make a path. It is not a big leap to lay rock down to reduce
slogging in mud if it rains. There really isn't anything spectacular on
either side of the pond, and the new world was rather lacking in the
wheel and large animal zooculture. At least the old world made use of
the wheel and dray animals.

We need to stop the blind assumptions of the past and look at each
culture through the filter of actual archeological and anthropological
discoveries, not the wishy washy interpretations of Victorian armchair
scholars with no real practical experience.

--
__
musings of an insomniac - Cracked Pots and Psycho Investigators at http://aruvqan.wordpress.com/