[Sca-cooks] Grilling was Sweating meat

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sun Apr 14 21:16:42 PDT 2013

Oh, but it gets worse.

This is from my OWN translation of the  Enseignemenz:

"Bass
Freshwater bass, roasted on the grill, a little  burning straw under it, so
that it does not burn on the grill, with verjuice.  And if it is cooked in
water, eat it with green sauce."

The French versions of le Viandier mainly mention fish, but hare and
rabbit were also mentioned as being grilled.

http://books.google.com/books?id=XOoYAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=inautho
r:pichon+viandier&hl=en&sa=X&ei=C31rUcfqNKfxiwLv3oH4Dw&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAQ#v=one
page&q=gril&f=false

Honestly not sure where my mind went. Thanks for the finds.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

A History of Coffee and Other Refreshments  in Early Modern France
by Pierre Le Grand d'Aussy

In a message dated 4/14/2013 9:00:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,