[Sca-cooks] Rape Seed Oil, Canola Oil, and the Early Norse

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 25 19:38:00 PDT 2013

<<< Since the demo, I've wondered what sort of cooking oil would actually be
available to the Viking-era Norse. We know that a small amount of luxury
olive oil was imported but aside from lard - what would have been most
commonly used? I doubt it was what we used last weekend.

Hrothny >>>

Not specific to Norse or Viking times, there is this Florilegium file with some of our previous discussions.
cooking-oils-msg (128K) 2/29/12 Period cooking and food oils.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cooking-oils-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com