[Sca-cooks] How Many Cardamom Pods in a Tablespoon?

Maredudd maredudd at blackroot.org
Sun Apr 7 09:25:30 PDT 2013

Hi Folks!

I've got a recipe that calls for a tablespoon of cardamom pods but I can't find any. Ok, I didn't look too hard because I do have ground cardamom and know I can use it in stead. I even know that 6 pods equals 1 tsp of ground.

Problem is, as I say above, the recipe calls for a tbsp of pods and not a specific number of pods.

I've done a giggle search and all get is confirmation that "6 pods equals 1 tsp ground. . . "

Can anyone help? Even if it is to check empirically for me?

Thanks for any assistance!

Maredudd