[Sca-cooks] livestock slaughtering

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 8 13:29:21 PDT 2013

=====
> I thought the more interesting article in the issue was the extended piece on pork, butchering, and using the entire >animal. The Proper Way to Eat a Pig.
> Johnnae

We have a local place (The Piggery) that has butchering classes.  Interesting, if a bit expensive for my pocket.

Sandra
======

Perhaps this Florilegium file might be of interest, although probably not as useful as a hands-on class. I still remember Phlip's butchering class near Pennsic a number of years ago. (A sheep, not a pig, though).

pig-to-sausag-art (17K) 8/31/98 From pig to sausage by Mordonna Dubois.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ANIMALS/pig-to-sausag-art.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com