[Sca-cooks] Habeeb Salloum new books

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Aug 9 15:52:11 PDT 2013

On Aug 8, 2013, at 6:05 PM, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> Johnna wrote:
> > Scheherazade's Feasts: snipped
> > Have not had time to go over it yet with a fine tooth comb, but I noted the
> > Anonymous Andalusian is not cited as to website or date. Just Trans. by Charles
> > Perry.
>
> Actually the Salloums cite *page numbers* for the Anonymous Andalusian. Perhaps they got them from the cookbook collection published by David Friedman / Duke Cariadoc. Or from that PDF someone posted somewhere on the 'net, altered and not for the better.

I almost wonder if they left the final line of the bibliographic entry out. That would explain why the entry just ends after Perry's name. Otherwise one remains unsure if they are using the web edition or a paper edition. The point of bibliographies is to make it easy for a reader to locate the book or source being used. Here we don't know.

Johnnae