[Sca-cooks] Jelly Donuts in 15th c. Germany

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 9 17:48:24 PST 2013

Bear said (translated?):
<<< "Likewise, with the same dough, make apple (und?) turnovers or filled
turnovers with roasted apples or pears or calves brains or mince meat made
from small forest birds with spices and salt." >>>

I think of roasted apples or pears being still somewhat firm. But not "calves brains or mince meat from small forest birds". Are the first two sweet, while the second two are savory? Either way, that seems to be quite a wide range of possibilities.

Would "mince meat made from small forest birds" be boneless or include bones?

I think when asking for a donut, I'll have to start asking for "a **fruit** jelly donut. :-)

It's the SCA. Who knows what you will get if you aren't careful.

Stefan
(I didn't get digest Vol 92, issue 10, where this thread started. Maybe tomorrow :-) )
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris