[Sca-cooks] roasted potatoes

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Tue Dec 31 01:20:09 PST 2013

Hi Stefan, 8-)

we scrub the potatoes real good & clean off as needed, but don't peel them (skin helps hold things together when they get REAL done).

cut into approx half or 3/4 inch chunks. arrange with cut sides down for maximum liquid uptake!

we generally do the potatoes on the side with duck. too much grease comes off the ducks and it can burn. You CAN save and render/clarify the duck fat and use for potato-roasting later, but in a separate pan.

chimene