[Sca-cooks] Service and Kraut questions from Gwen Cat

Daniel Myers dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Fri Feb 8 10:51:56 PST 2013

I couldn't find any German recipes, but here's a Danish one

XLV - To pickle cabbage. Chop it finely, sprinkle it well each layer by
itself in a container or barrel. Between each layer sprinkle salt, cumin
and juniper berries and put a good weight on him, iiij. or v days.
Thereafter pour vinegar over it. [Koge Bog, (Denmark, 1616)]

- Doc