[Sca-cooks] Period Pretzels, yet again...

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Feb 18 10:23:52 PST 2013

On 2/17/13 10:21 PM, Terry Decker wrote:
> I believe I'm up to seven European bread recipes from between 500 and
> 1600 CE.  The majority of these are manor recipes prepared by cooks
> rather than bakers.  There are a number of bread recipes(?) that can
> be winkled out of Greek and Roman pre-collapse texts and there are
> quite a few recipes after 1600.
It might be worth your giving us a list of them--not the recipes, just
where they are from--so that if any of us happens to know one not on the
list he can offer it.

I don't know if you have any interest in bread recipes from outside
Europe, but al-Warraq has a bunch.

--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com