[Sca-cooks] Heston Blumentahl Tudor meal

aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:30:18 PST 2013

On 2/26/2013 12:15 AM, Sharon Palmer wrote:
>> Jay Raynor's comments on the meal are posted here
>>
>> "When Heston Blumenthal served me frog blancmange."
>>

> Rumpolt lists several recipes for frog, but not blancmange.. but there
> is blancmange with several types of fish and poultry and frog doesn't
> seem that impossible.  My understanding is that frog has many bones,
> was the frog deboned?
If you use just legs, which are what is commercially available today,
they are pretty much like making something from chicken wing segments,
or at least the mini drum portion.  If memory serves [and it has been
about 20 years or so since I last cooked the damned things] there are
basically 2 large [for a frog] muscles that are very easy to pop off to
cook with, leaving the rest of the leg bones and smaller muscles to make
stock with for cooking the rice in.