[Sca-cooks] Richard the Lion-Heart - or maybe the Hypocras Heart?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 07:17:24 PST 2013

Another use for spices:

"Dr Charlier said: "The spices and vegetables used for the embalming
process were directly inspired by the ones used for the embalming of Christ.
"For  example, we found frankincense. This is the only case known of using
frankincense - we have never found any use of this before. This product is
really devoted to very, very important persons in history."
The  heart, which was wrapped in linen, also had traces of myrtle, daisy,
mint and  possibly lime.......
"That  consciousness of using very high-quality herbs and spices and other
materials  that are much sought after and rare does add to that sense of it
being  Christ-like in its quality," he said."
_http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21609783_
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21609783)

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime  France