[Sca-cooks] Question remove vs course

morgana morgana at gci.net
Tue Jan 1 02:40:51 PST 2013

On Dec 31, 2012, at 9:46 PM, Antonia di Benedetto Calvo <dama.antonia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/01/2013 2:13 p.m., Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>>
>> We're doing a pretty good job of the same with autocrat (now 'event steward') and troll (now 'gate'). I'm still pushing to call children 'children' and not 'smalls', and vehicular transport a 'car' or 'wagon' or even 'wain' rather than a dragon. After all, prudent persons do not ride to feast in the belly of a dragon.
>>

> We're largely free of autocrat (steward), troll ("gate"-- I'd like to get this upgraded to warden or porter or something) and (thank Heavens!) dragon.  Even 'eric' has pretty much gone.
>

> --
> Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

We still use autocrat for the event person, but usually use head cook. And gate is usually just referred to as "constab." It helps that we have a small, fluid population that includes lots of newcomers, so children and vehicles was easy. Dragons are only those very noisy things that fly in the sky and make outdoor court hard to hear occasionally. But we do stubbornly hang onto eric, although it is explained as part of Society's history. We are in the West, after all . . .

Morgana yr Oerfa
Winter's Gate, Oertha, West