[Sca-cooks] Salt corrosion of pots?

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Sun Jan 13 14:11:51 PST 2013

But why would whether the pot was glazed or not have anything to do with it? Glazed or not, earthenware is basically fused silica, which is, as I said, pretty much inert. What is the salt eating into that's making the fired clay crumbly? I'm enough of a chemist to know that SOMETHING odd is going on.

-- Galefridus