[Sca-cooks] Swan recipes

Alexander Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Tue Jan 22 20:14:39 PST 2013

On Tue Jan 22 17:40:44 PST 2013, Jim  Chevallier writes:
> Taillevent recommends the second, . . .
> In a message dated 1/22/2013 5:30:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> alexbclark at pennswoods.net writes:
>
> In most  sources there is just one place for swans, which is in the
> first course.

So is it the French who are stealing and eating Britain's swans? :-)
An international incident!

I assumed that we were still talking about the British swans, so I
didn't specify that these are the English sources. BTW, I also forgot
to mention that the menus that I was studying were medieval, not
renaissance.

--
Henry/Alex