[Sca-cooks] Kissel

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 19:46:35 PST 2013

I am going to experiment with boiling the groats (to make kasha) and then
using the groat water to make the kissel with the cherries.  If it thickens
I think I will go with that.  I think that making a meal with little waste
would make more sense in the long run.  And I am going to try grinding the
hulled groats into flour (mortar and pestle) and just using it like flour
for gravy.  There is a recipe out there for white sauce using butter and
flour and sour milk.  For Pelmeni.

Aldyth