[Sca-cooks] Officially serving modern food at SCA events

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Jan 30 06:08:16 PST 2013

Hmmm.... let me put on my pair of cranky pants. ;)

Alcohol consumption determining whether or not to attend an event.   It is getting harder and harder to find liquor service or permission at large feast sites around New Mexico.  It's hard enough to find a venue for a large amount of people, much less with the ability to consume alcohol on site.

Some people don't attend an event because they can't drink at the event.  Forget the good food, forget the fun, just stay home because you can't have a beer.

Don't get me wrong, I drink.  I enjoy my Scotch et. al.  But I can surely stand to be at an event for four to five hours without a drink in my hand.

YMMV

Cailte

Kathleen Roberts

Admissions Advisor

University of New Mexico

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."  W.B. Yeats

"The hand that rocks the ladle rules the world."  Nadia G.