[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 81, Issue 13

Stephani Ross the.red.ross at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 12:48:56 PST 2013

I have to agree with Urtatim. Rue as a food flavoring is too small of an
amount to cause anyone to abort. In order to cause a miscarriage with
herbs, you have to make yourself sick almost unto dying before your body
will give up the baby. Plus there is really no other herb that tastes quite
like rue. Tarragon comes close, but it's still not the same.

I dislike valerian root immensely. It is horribly bitter and does smell a
bit like old socks. One of the medicinal herbs in a tisane or tea that
would make one not want to take his medicine! And no amount of sweetening
could make it taste better. I shudder just to think of it.

AEschwynne