[Sca-cooks] Recipes from 15th and 16th French

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 12:46:37 PST 2013

One obvious source would be the fifteenth century version of Taillevent's
Viandier (which also includes several menus from the fifteenth century that
would not have been compiled by Taillevent himself).

I've done my own  translation of this ("How To Cook a Peacock") but if you
read French it's  available on-line:

_http://books.google.com/books?id=XOoYAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauth
or:pichon+Viandier&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Vm70UOnRC-bmiwKP6YEo&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAA_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=XOoYAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:pi
chon+Viandier&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Vm70UOnRC-bmiwKP6YEo&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAA)

A  number of the recipes in this version are not found in the four
manuscripts  Scully examined and are probably 15th century interpolations.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime France

In a message dated 1/14/2013 12:34:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,