[Sca-cooks] Recipes from 15th and 16th French

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Jan 14 15:05:13 PST 2013

My comprehensive bibliography French Medieval and Renaissance Cookery and Cookbooks appeared in the Spring 2011
issue of the Gauntlet.
These bibliographies from the Gauntlet are being re-edited for publication in a pamphlet series, but if
you'll write me offlist, I'll answer any questions you may have.

The latest translated volume and one worth seeking out would be
The Most Excellent Book of Food [Livre Fort excellent de cuysine 1542] by Ken Albala and Timothy Tomasik. Totnes, Devon: Prospect Books, 2012, 2013.

(If you read French, there are a number of fascinating volumes that can be interlibrary loaned too.)

Johnnae, playing librarian and bibliographer