[Sca-cooks] Rude and Barbarous Kingdom

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Jan 16 13:22:13 PST 2013

"Turkey" has also been used for the Hungarian guinea fowl, but by 1580 in
English it was most likely referencing actual turkeys.

You need to thank Ian for the reference to grouse.

And while I could direct you to a number of esoteric natural histories (some
of which live in xerox on my shelf), let's keep it simple.  I found a list
of the Birds of Russia on Wikipedia a few months ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_birds_of_Russia

Enjoy.

Bear