[Sca-cooks] The Taste

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Jan 23 10:30:44 PST 2013

I think some of the blandness is due to missing all the histrionics that go into the prep, cooking and plating.  That's where some of the best fun comes in on the other shows (esp involving canned haggis).

I think the pro chefs are trying too hard to impress the judges, and over reaching.  They have more to prove than the home chefs.

Cailte

Kathleen Roberts

Admissions Advisor

University of New Mexico

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."  W.B. Yeats

"The hand that rocks the ladle rules the world."  Nadia G.