[Sca-cooks] Kissel

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jan 24 17:39:28 PST 2013

Rye was the common grain of northern Europe.  It was well suited for the
climate and the short growing period.  Less common, but also grown in the
Ukraine (remember the source is from Kiev) was winter wheat, which was
brought to the US by Russian Mennonites in the 19th Century.  The potato is
probably out of period.

Bear