[Sca-cooks] Dry sites

Jo Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:23:24 PST 2013

Just to make matters even more fun .... there is this whole area of law pertaining to alcohol.

While attempting to find a venue where Eric (Owen ap Howell) and I could have our Chivaree (wedding reception) I was advised of a State of Utah LAW which prohibits the serving of alcohol at any venue were there will be minors present.  While this is a MODERN event ... it does show why so many many many venues in the State of Utah are at DRY DRY DRY sites.

Because I have minor children and grandchildren, and HE has minor grandchildren and MANY of our friends have minor children, our Chivaree will not be serving alcohol so that we are in compliance with State Law.  SUCKS .... but there it is.

SO in the State of Utah, you can either have the children welcome to attend an event .... but no brewers and no alcohol, or you can exclude children and serve alcohol (and there is a HOST of requirements for the actual serving of alcohol).

Cheers

Malkin Allardsen
Otherhill
Artemisia