[Sca-cooks] Dry sites

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Jan 30 20:24:01 PST 2013

Trying to sort out the laws relating to alcoholic beverages in the US
will drive you crazy. Where I lived in Ohio, on one side of the river
you could drink or buy anything you wanted, but on the other side you
were limited to beer or wine- unless you belonged to the American
Legion or the Eagles, where you could drink anything- until you set
foot out of town, where it was bone dry. All of these different rules
held forth in the same county, in very easy walking distance of each
other. Maybe within 100 yards?

In the mean time, it looks like the SCA is going to contribute to even
more confusion, in relation to the marijuana laws. The latest BoD
meeting ruled that ( from
http://eastkingdomgazette.org/2013/01/30/highlights-from-saturdays-bod-meeting/
)

"In another reminder of how real life politics affect the SCA, the BoD
created a new policy prohibiting marijuana at all events, even in
states where it is legal. Because federal law prohibits it, the SCA
will do so as well."

This is going to be interesting, the first time an event is held in a
state which allows consumption of medical marijuana, and some poor
event steward/autocrat/whatever attempts to make them stop. I'm sure
you all know that there will be at least one person who will want to
push the envelope, and I suspect all Hel is going to break loose-
"What do you mean, I can't take my medicine?" I think the BoD would
have been better served to say nothing- I don't think we can afford
another lawsuit. I hear we're still paying for the last one.

Oh well, I suspect things are going to get interesting.

--
Saint Phlip

So, you think your data is safe?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/23/schneier.google.hacking/index.html?hpt=T2